Blaine Project Managers, Superintendents and field staff all recognize the importance of maintaining a safe and clean worksite. In addition to the oversight of our Corporate Safety Director, many Blaine projects have a full-time safety representative — and large projects have more than one. We follow OSHA guidelines to the letter, and are frequently even more stringent. We also maintain a drug-free work environment, and demand the same from our subcontractors.
Blaine Construction’s corporate safety policies include such absolute requirements as:
- Hard hats, steel-toed shoes and safety glasses worn by all employees on all jobs
- Mandatory tie-off above 6'
- Lift tickets for heavy crane lifts
- Pre-hire (100%) and random (10% per quarter) drug and alcohol screening
As a result of company-wide diligence and dedication to safety, Blaine has won numerous awards for safety. In addition, our Experience Modification Rating (EMR) for Workman’s Compensation is among the lowest in the nation.
- Tennessee Governor’s Award of Excellence for Workplace Safety and Health (2005)
- Tennessee Associated General Contractors Safety Excellence Award (2005, 2006, 2008)
- Recognized by the Associated General Contractors of America as the safest contractor in our division (2002, 2005)